Author Topic: Feedback that makes a difference from industry peers  (Read 4 times)

Irenekmouby

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
    • Feedback that makes a difference from industry peers
Feedback that makes a difference from industry peers
« on: September 29, 2026, 12:36:34 PM »
After months of trial and error I came across a surprisingly useful approach. My initial choice for hosting my work turned out to be far too restrictive for my needs. It produced very little genuine interest from potential clients. What became clear is that random collections don't impress experienced viewers.
 
Much of the advice I followed originated from https://dribbble.com/.
 
Once I started selecting my best pieces the quality of feedback jumped noticeably. I also learned to break down each project into the problem, my process, and the final result. What did not work was trying to include everything I had ever made. Removing the weak ones was hard at first but it instantly improved the impression.
 
Getting an outside perspective from peers saved me from keeping mediocre work. What they emphasized was the need for storytelling around each piece. Their critique helped me reframe the whole display as a problem-solving showcase.
 
The final setup shows only eight projects but each one tells a complete story. Ditching the complex animations made the content itself easier to evaluate. A simple tip is to review your work as if you were a stranger seeing it first.